11 Sep Start-Up Funding Lessons From Gen.T Business Experts
By: Philippine Tatler | September 11, 2019
Source: Philippine Tatler
Start-Up Funding Basics
When Paulo Campos co-founded Zalora at the near-end of 2011, he didn’t know yet that it would eventually become the largest fashion e-commerce player in Southeast Asia. They only had a small office with a staff of 10 people at the time, and an initial funding of two million pesos. Now, with its own logistics fleet and a total of 700 full-time employees, Zalora’s holding company Global Fashion Group is publicly listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. This has made him familiar with the growth process a company experiences, and more importantly, the fundraising processes that it entailed.
THE FUNDING JOURNEY
Paulo advises those who are planning to start new business ventures to use the Airbnb pitch deck as an example of what to show potential investors. It answers key questions that they would typically ask:
- what is the problem you are trying to address and how do you plan to do it?
- Is there a need or demand for your product?
- How do you generate profit?
- Who are your competitors and what sets you apart from them?
- How have consumers responded to your product?
- How much do you need invested in your company?